Relaxation audio downloads
The following downloads are in mp3 format and will require software such as Windows Media Player or iTunes to work. An on-campus or broadband connection is recommended as the files are quite large, and may take a few minutes to download.
Download our free podcasts to help you relax and feel better, for the best results, choose a comfortable setting where you can be still and undisturbed. Do not listen to them whilst driving or operating machinery.
Stress, anxiety and panic:
Self-help & resources
There’s so much that you can do outside of a counselling session and plenty of resources to help you. Try some of these first or, if you have already booked an appointment, before you attend your session.
We also a have recommended reading list of books available through the Library:
View the reading list >
Online interactive programmes:
- SilverCloud An on-line self-help tool for students & staff
- Start2 is an exciting online wellbeing resource that uses art and creative activities to boost your health.
- E-couch e-hub's latest interactive self-help program includes modules for social anxiety, generalised anxiety and depression.
- The Mood Gym Advice on delivering cognitive behaviour therapy for preventing depression.
- Now or Never: strategies for dealing with procrastination - Get advice on dealing with procrastination to help improve the way you work.
Other online resources:
- Get Connected Providing a free, confidential helpline for young people under 25.
- Mindfulness for Students Bringing the benefits of mindfulness practice to students. The University Counselling Service also offers Mindfulness Practice as part of our comprehensive Wellbeing Programme of workshops and courses, as well as our MP3 downloads.
- Centre for Clinical Interventions Self-help resources which aim to provide general information about various mental health problems, as well as, techniques that focus on a cognitive behavioural approach to managing difficulties.
- Living Life to the Full Life skills features and courses.
- Students Against Depression Comprehensive information on depression and the opportunity to discuss it with other UK students.
- BluePages Comprehensive, evidence-based information about depression and its treatment (including medical, psychological and alternative therapies).
- BBC Mental Health pages Information and resources about mental health.
Information sites and sources of help:
- Self-Help Services An e-Therapy service providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) online
- Moodjuice A website designed to help you think about emotional problems and work towards solving them. Please note: This website is developed by Choose Life Falkirk and the Adult Clinical Psychology Service, NHS Forth Valley, and so some contact numbers and details may be specific to Scotland.
- Student Minds Student Minds is a national charity working to encourage peer interventions for student mental health.